the two Ls

the two Ls

Sunday, May 27, 2018

yummy chickpea salad



I could eat this stuff day and night. In fact this weekend that's exactly what I did! For breakfast I had it on a slice of toast with thin slices of avocado on top, for lunch it was a chickpea sandwich on whole wheat and lastly, for dinner it was a chickpea salad with all kinds of yummy veggies.  Nevertheless, here is the recipe.

1 can (15 oz) chickpeas drained and washed
2 stalks of celery chopped finely
2 carrots grated
1/4 cup or more chopped bread and butter pickle slices
2- 3 TB vegan mayo,
2-3 TB pickle juice (use to taste)
a little finely minced garlic
a little herbamare (or salt)

Mash the chickpeas till they are smashed and a little flaky.
Add celery, carrots, mayo, and pickle juice.
Add pickles, garlic and herbamare.

Devour in one of the ways described above or make up your own. It's so good that I could eat it right from the container standing in front of an open refrigerator door.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe I saw in my OH She Glows cookbook (which is the best!) I even like it better when it sits in the fridge for a day and the favors meld together


No comments: