the two Ls

the two Ls

Sunday, May 27, 2018

chewy tofu, as good as a birthday present

I keep working with this recipe so I never know which version I have blogged and which I have not. So, I give you my most recent yummerific tofu.

1 pack firm or extra firm tofu- drained...use your tofu X-press
about 1/4 cup Tamari
about a 1/4 cup water
2- Tb of coconut sugar (lower glycemic sugar and yummy)
a little finely mashed grated garlic and ginger (to taste)

Cut tofu. I do it once down the middle so that you have two flat tofu pancakes. Then cut it into little 3/4 inch cubes.
Heat frying pan with a tiny bit of oil. Brown the tofu cubes.
When browned add Tamari, water and sugar.  Cook let the tofu absorb. Then add garlic and ginger. When cooking for children I leave those items out. For me...the more the merrier!

Photos later.

No comments: