the two Ls

the two Ls

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Cold drinks for Hot days

two simple ingredients



































It's been HOT here.... 99 plus humidity! It's a great excuse to try many different, cooling, simple drinks. One of my favorites is simply to add a few frozen strawberries or raspberries to my water bottle. During the day I just add more water and the taste keeps going.
When time allows I charge up the Vitamix and make a watermelon lime cooler. So easy! A cuisinart or blender will work as well.

Just add a few cups (approximate- I never measure) of seedless watermelon with a half of a peeled whole lime (no seeds)  and blend in Vitamix. Pour into a tall glass with ice.
Enjoy.

BTW Watermelons are 92% water and have vitamin A, B6, and C, plus lots of lycopene, antioxidants and amino acids.  In addition it has anti-inflammatory properties (think blueberries) What more can you want from a little drink?


No comments: