the two Ls

the two Ls

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

mindful eating

Last night I attended another interesting seminar at the Great Sage Restaurant in Clarksville MD- weight management on a plant-based diet. The lecturer, Paige Snyder is a plant based nutritionist who specializes in sport performance, stress management and achieving your optimal weight through clean, plant-based foods. She talked about macronutrients and the Thrive food pyramid. One of the most interesting nuggets that struck a chord with me was mindful eating.
Right at this moment I am sipping my smoothie while writing- GUILTY!
Here are her tips;

When ready to eat
1. sit and just take a breath, slow down.
2. take a moment to be thankful for your food.
3.look at and enjoy the pleasure of seeing beautiful food.
4. smell your food.
5. take a bite and chew it 25-30 times (not the 3 that the average American does)
6.put your fork down between bites.

Now I know this is not rocket science and you have probably heard it before...but try it for one meal a day. Or may try all the meals in one day a week. Let me know how it works.
More later........

No comments: