the two Ls

the two Ls

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Roasted broccoli with avocado pesto


What an amazing cooking day this has been!!!!! Out of all the recipes this is my fave I could eat it all day long. Broccoli!!! I love you wild thing! it all began at the book sale today. it was 10. bag day..whoopie! Straight to the cookbook, art and fiction sections. I found Brandon Brazier's book Thrive foods. how have I missed this book in my life? Wow! I have many recipes marked to try. My hubby gave this a 10! (and he's not even fully vegan yet) Get the book ...now!


Broccoli
3 pounds broccoli, florets and some stem. I didn't measure and its OK.
2 TB melted coconut oil (normally I try to omit the oil, but don't do it...it's a main player)
salt and pepper


Sauce
1 medium avocado
5 or so garlic cloves (the more the merrier!)
3 cups packed fresh parsley (mega vitamin C and K and don't forget iron)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 heaping teaspoons dulse
you can use salt and pepper- I didn't


1.Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper
2. Toss the broccoli with the melted coconut oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Spread on the baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes  turning halfway through.
3.While broccoli is cooking make the sauce. Mash avocado and drop into a food processor. Give it a whirl. Then add everything else. Whip it together. It should be a smooth paste.
4. In a large bowl toss the avocado sauce into the hot broccoli. then arrange on serving plate and garnish with parsley.
5. Devour

Made this another time and put it on Engine 2 vegan raviolis. Yum.

No comments: