the two Ls

the two Ls

Friday, February 16, 2018

savory tofu skins (yoba)

My framer, Bosco, gave me some yoba and a brief talk about how to make this. He said any marinade you like will do. I will be experimenting. It's yummy.

Ingredients:
Nori seaweed sheets (I used Emerald Cove)
 1/4 - 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
A few sprays of oil for frying
3 yoba folds
marinade (I suggest one below, but take your choice)

Marinade:
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup Tamari
2 TB apple cider vinegar
2 TB balsamic vinegar
2 TB vegan Worcestershire sauce
a few shakes of liquid smoke
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
a little  pepper
a little Tumeric
Mix these together then soak yoba in the marinade.

After they have soaked, dredge in flour then wrap in a nori sheet. Fold the yoba inside the sheet.
Pan fry with a tiny bit of oil. Slice thinly and gobble up!
I used the extra marinade as a dipping sauce.
Thanks Bosco!

Another sauce... this time Bosco's version

soy sauce
garlic
ginger
sesame oil

No comments: