the two Ls

the two Ls

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Pizza!!!!!!

I got the basic outline for this delicious Romesco sauce from the new Engine 2 Cookbook. I changed things to make it faster. I will give you my version. Buy the Esselstyn's new book for their yummy recipe. It's a keeper!

The basics: one Pizza crust , 1 red pepper and a few shavings of vegan Micynos smoked mozzarella cheese.

Sauce:
1 12oz jar Safeway fire roasted red bell peppers
1/2 cup or so of Muir Glen fire roasted tomato sauce
a few cloves roasted garlic (I happen to have it in my fridge- you could just use regular garlic)
1 slice whole wheat bread
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup hazelnuts
2 TB Balsamic vinegar
1 TB smoked paprika
pepper

Toast the nuts and bread at 350 for 10 minutes
Then add everything to the Vitamix or Cuisinart . And whammo! delicious sauce!

I put it on top of the frozen Engine 2 whole wheat pizza crust I had. Next I layered some slivered red peppers, more sauce and a small light layer of the vegan cheese.

Pizza 2-serious yum
On pizza crust put layer of times times romesco sauce and thin layer of tomato sauce. Then layers of artichoke hearts, roasted red pepper, jar of mushrooms and the smoked vegan cheese on top  it was awesome. 

No comments: