the two Ls

the two Ls

Sunday, September 3, 2017

SUPER Ginger Cookies


These cookies should be wearing  capes, they are sooooo super. When I was in Bow-Edison, Washington I tasted an amazing ginger cookie. It wasn't vegan! But I needed to figure out how to create a vegan version. My friend Lisa and I did the “research”(which amounted to repeated tastings.) I took notes in my phone and finally I had the time to figure it out. 
This is my favorite cookie recipe..... actually dangerous to make and have in the house.
Yummers!

Ingredients
½ cup coconut oil
1 cup organic granulated sugar, I used Sucanat
4 TB molasses
1 flax egg- which is 1 TB flax and 2 ½ TB water

1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves


add 3TB water (about) to make a nice stiff dough
Add
3 TB sugared ginger
 1/3 cup chocolate chips- mini I like Enjoy Life
sugar to roll in

Directions
Preheat oven to 350Âș and prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. 


Cream coconut oil and sugar together in a large bowl using a mixer. You want to whip it. Add molasses and flax egg, and beat thoroughly. Sift flour, cocoa powder, soda, salt, and spices into the creamed mixture.  Add water to make stiff dough.
Add chips and sugared ginger to your taste.
Roll dough into ball about 1 “. Press into sugar. 

Bake for 13-14 minutes. Take the parchment paper with cookies and place on table. Let cool for several minutes –if you can! Good luck eating just one! 




No comments: