the two Ls

the two Ls

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Quinoa Salad with Black Beans and Mango

A yummy meal with food I had on hand. This weekend I had brewed up a big pot of lazy man's black beans and I decided to use some to make this recipe I found in Veganomicon. I recipe called for cilantro...a spice i promptly removed and simply used the spices in my garden.

Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
1 super large mango diced small
1 red pepper diced really small
1 cup chopped scallions
1 cup fresh mix of mostly basil with mint and parsley
2 TB Japanese vinegar (she called for red wine vinegar )
2 Tb oil
dash of herbamare
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 cups of cooked black beans (or on 15 oz can)
lettuce leaves

Combine  mango, pepper, scallions, spices with vinegar and oil. Add quinoa and beans. It's best room temperature...let it sit awhile to absorb flavors.

If you don't have quinoa ready just combine 2 cups water and 1 cup rinsed quinoa. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer. I like to cook it with the lid on. Cooks in about 15 minutes. Wait till water is absorbed.



No comments: