the two Ls

the two Ls

Monday, November 14, 2016

Hot Caramel Matcha ☕ Tea Latte

Hot Caramel Matcha Tea Latte

I confess, I have an addiction. Matcha tea. Once you learn about how good it is for you I think you will love it too.  To learn more, check out Dr. Greger's link here at Nutritional Facts. 

Maybe you have tried Matcha at Starbucks.....but let me tell you that is a very distant relative to real Matcha. Unfortunately they have placed tons of sugar In the powder making it a sweet confection rather than a delicious Matcha. 

This summer, on this blog,  you saw a recipe for iced mint Matcha. Now I introduce the hot version with caramel extract. You can always just have the regular latte or even the Matcha powder in water. Here is my"Sunday morning" Matcha.  I use my Vitamix to make it but you can just as easily use a whisk. 

1/2 cup boiling water
Place in Vitamix
Add 1-2 teaspoon Matcha powder  My favorite is Do Matcha.
Whip them together.
Add  a drop or two of caramel extract- I use Watkins. You of course can favor it with the extract of your choice.
Add sweetener. I use maple syrup or Xylitol.
Heat 3/4 to 1 cup almond milk and then add to mixer.
Whip till frothy. Enjoy!

No comments: