the two Ls

the two Ls

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

This recipe is from The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen by Donna Klein, with just a few minor changes.

1-19 oz can chick peas
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 roasted red peppers
3-4 Tbs of lemon juice
3 Tbs tahini
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt / Herbamare
2 Tbs water (more if needed for consistency)

Drain & rinse chickpeas, reserving the aquafaba for another recipe if desired.
Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a large lemon.
Place the chickpeas & lemon juice in a food processor & process for a few minutes.
Cut up the roasted red peppers & add to the mixture. You can roasted the peppers yourself or use the kind for a jar.
Press garlic & add to the mixture along with the tahini, cumin, salt & water.
Process until smooth.
Adjust lemon juice & garlic to your taste buds.

I like my hummus with extra garlic. I used a combination of roasted garlic, because I had some on hand, & fresh pressed garlic. Now that I've made this hummus I may never buy store bought again!


No comments: