the two Ls

the two Ls

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Tumeric Latte Mix

This recipe came about because of the generous acts of two friends. One friend bought a big bag of turmeric last spring, which she shared with me. The other friend gave me an envelope of Latte 1 from The Golden Number. Instead of ordering more when it was gone, I experimented with making my own recipe.
I love making lattes in the evening using almond milk but you can try my recipe with whatever kind of milk you enjoy. I used teaspoons as my unit of measurement because I had only a small amount of ground ginger when I went to experiment. Use the unit that works for you! 

1&1/2 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp salt
6 grinds of black pepper

Stir all ingredients together well.
To make a latte, stir together 1 tsp of the mix plus 8oz of your preferred milk. Heat & enjoy!
I like to use almond milk plus either a drop of vanilla stevia or a little bit of honey. It's good without sweetener too.
Adding 1/4 tsp of cocoa powder to a tsp of the mix is also nice.

1 comment:

loriann signori said...

Yummy! Can't wait to try it.