the two Ls

the two Ls

Monday, July 31, 2017

tofu: baked soft and yummy

This recipe comes from the famous San Francisco vegan eatery- the Millennium Restaurant. This tofu is so yummy even one year old Lukas loves it. (future vegan!)

1 pound firm tofu
1/4 cup tamari
1 tsp maple syrup - I put in two for Lukas' batch
1/2 tsp sesame oil

Squeeze all water from tofu- I use my handy Tofu X-press. Cut tofu in half length-wise and then into slices. I like mine 1/2 inch thick.

Combine liquid ingredients and place in shallow baking pan (I used a super large ceramic pie plate.) Place tofu in marinade.
Let sit for an hour or so. I flipped the tofu so both sides were covered.

Preheat oven to 350
Bake in oven for about 20 minutes. Easy.

Sorry no photo.

No photo! No worries! I made this recipe for dinner tonight & here's the pic of our leftovers. My granddaughter, Brynn, likes Caramelized Tofu best but I think this should be renamed Soft Baked Tofu Deliciousness.  (Leah here btw)



No comments: