the two Ls

the two Ls

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Healthy Cherry Bean Salad

Meal Salad for 1

Ingredients:
Greens- your choice, I used baby spinach
Beets- roasted
10 or so cherries cut into pieces
Handful of cannelli beans
 half of an avocado
 a splash of Cherry balsamic vinegar
 a sprinkle of Sunny Spain- salt free lemon pepper
I also threw in a tiny piece of vegan creamy pepper cheese. It was minuscule so it doesn't count.

When I was in Evanston I had the pleasure of visiting the must amazing spice place appropriately named The Spice Shop. What was supposed to be a two minute zip -in and out turned into an hour exploration. Not only were the products interesting, but the staff was super knowledgeable.  Raynard helped me. He had so much information on the spices their uses and combinations. (He gets a ten star rating from me!) I brought so many small packs home with me! Do check out their website- linked above. It is another wonderful resource for not only their products but also recipes. I can't wait to try them all.

No comments: