the two Ls

the two Ls

Monday, January 16, 2017

Nanae's Dragon Sauce

Best dressing ever! Leah shared this with me as a new option for my Buddha bowls. The cook at her school makes it and the little ones gobble it up. So...I decide to try it on the weekly Sunday family gathering. It's a hard group of mixed eaters- no vegans(just me.) The crew loved it! I forgot to take a photo.. It disappeared fast.
PS I just added a photo at the bottom. Dragon sauce on my breakfast.

Blend in food processor or high speed blender.

version one:
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/3 cup or less olive oil (I used less)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup tamari
1/4 cup water (I used more)
1/4 cup tahini
1 clove garlic

My healthier version 2:
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/8-1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup tahini
1/2 cup tamari1-2 TB garlic powder
water to thin
(It doesn't miss the oil)

1 comment:

Leah said...

I have plans to make this sauce for dinner tonight to use on a bowl of rice, tofu & stir fried veggies. Yum!
Thanks Nanae!!